What: Optional courses in Math, Humanities, and Spanish that any student can take over the summer modeled after college courses. Mandatory Bridge courses for students who were recommended for an AP course next school year. Students can take 2 courses at most. Classes are filled on a “first come, first served” basis.
Benefits for the students: They will gain the skills they need to be successful in higher level/challenging courses offered during the school year. Upon successful completion, students will receive .5 (half) of a credit on their transcripts.
For questions or concerns: Email email@example.com
When: July 15th - August 9th, 2019 (see class schedule on PDF below)
- Math Bridge- accelerated Geometry course for rising Sophomores to take AP Calculus in their senior year.
- Math Skills - gives any student the skills necessary to being successful in higher level Math courses. Students will work on the foundations of algebra and word problem solving.
- Human Geography Bridge - Course to gives rising sophomores the necessary skills to being successful in AP Human Geography. Students will work on argument building, research and building a strong thesis.
- Humanities Skills - gives any student the skills necessary to being successful in higher level humanities classes. Students will work on thesis building, essay writing and grammar.
- Spanish Bridge - Course to build rising sophomores the skills to being successful in an Honors level Spanish course. This track will potentially lead to take AP Spanish later on in their high school career.
- Spanish Skills - gives any students the skills necessary to being successful in higher level Spanish courses. Students will work on subject verb agreement, reading writing and speaking in Spanish.
- Science Lab Bridge - this course is for rising seniors to take before they take AP Environmental Science. They will work on and learn skills necessary to being successful with AP level Labs. Students will start some of the lab hours required to take the AP test at the end of their senior year.