Title: Academic Support Coordinator
Start Date: Immediate
Spanish: Basic to intermediate level Spanish and/or Creole preferred
Job Description & Overview:
Cristo Rey Brooklyn, one of 37 schools in the Cristo Rey Network, is a Catholic High School that educates young people of limited economic means to become men and women of faith, purpose and service. By offering a rigorous curriculum, a unique work-study experience, and the support of an inclusive school community, we prepare students to succeed in college and beyond with the values essential to a fulfilling life.
Among other responsibilities, the Academic Support Coordinator works closely with the Assistant Principal to administer the Academic Support Program (ASP) which meets daily from 3:35-5pm.
- Meet regularly with students in need of academic counseling
- Provide planning, organizing, and create individualized academic plans
Data Collection and Management
- Evaluate students eligible for Honor Roll
- Evaluate students who will be mandated to academic support and track growth
- Create rosters for accommodations such as extra time and/or individualized testing
Family Outreach and Communication
- Create letters and manage academic agreements
- Contact families of students who are struggling
- Translate for teachers and or families when necessary
Academic Support Program
- Manage classroom of up to 30 students during study hall
- Make appointments for teachers to meet with students during office hours
- Hold students accountable to follow their academic plans
- Facilitate testing such as midterms and standardized tests
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Mission-driven, open to growth and intellectually curious
- Ability to self-motivate, multi-task and work independently and in a team setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project, time and prioritization management experience
- Industrious and creative
- Demonstrate past leadership achievements
- Excited by potential accomplishments, innovations and challenges associated with a school culture of continuous improvement
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite of Applications
- Flexible, ability to adjust to changing circumstances
Other Duties as assigned by the Assistant Principal
Typical Work Week: The Coordinator will typically work five days a week between Monday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Coordinator will attend a one hour Academic Department check-in meeting per week with occasional extra meetings especially during deadline time. The coordinator will participate Professional Development with all faculty and staff when needed. Beyond that, the Coordinator can anticipate attending occasional afterschool and evening events such as parent-teacher conferences, open houses and orientation events.
To apply: Please send your current resume, cover letter, copies of college transcripts (unofficial), and written responses to the two questions listed below to the Cristo Rey Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
In your application, please include written responses to the following prompts:
We have assembled a team of experienced educators who maintain high expectations for our students and work tirelessly to support each student’s learning, growth, and development. We have built a mission-driven culture that is open to growth, dedicated, driven, flexible, creative, loving, joyful, and resilient. Our team is comprised of individuals who are not afraid to fail, who dare to dream big, and who will stop at nothing to make our students’ dreams a reality. We push ourselves to be constantly learning, reflecting, creating, and developing. We challenge ourselves and our students to believe, to dream, to lead, and to serve. Why should you be part of this team?
Please describe your educational philosophy and how you would put it into place as a member of our faculty.