Our Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP):
The CRB Corporate Work Study Program is an innovative educational and financial model enabling students to earn up to half of the cost of their college preparatory education while gaining valuable real-world experience through immersion in entry-level positions at leading corporations and non-profits. The CWSP is an essential component of the Cristo Rey economic and pedagogical model.Five students work to staff one full-time equivalent job. Academic courses are scheduled so that they never miss a class. Working at Sponsors such as American Express, Merrill Lynch, Brooklyn Hospital, Morgan Stanley and Weil Gotshal these young people accrue valuable skills, gain exposure and develop confidence and motivation.
Who We Seek:
CRB seeks a Director of CWSP Business Development (Director) for the 2019-20 academic and fiscal year andbeyond. The Director serves as a primary revenue generating officer of the school, reports directly to the President and works closely with the school’s Board of Directors, its CWSP Committee, the CWSP Operations staff as well as other CRB Staff Leadership, faculty and staff. The Director is responsible for new business development across the NYC metro area, primarily Manhattan and downtown Brooklyn, for the Corporate Work Study Program. The Director serves as the senior CRB relationship manager for all existing CWSP partners/sponsors. The Director has shared supervisory responsibility for one CWSP professional with a minimum of 50% of her responsibilities and time dedicated to marketing/sales support.
The Director serves as a member of the school’s Leadership Team working closely with the President and other department heads, collaborates (i) internally in particular with the Corporate Work Study Program Operations team as well as Finance and Advancement staff, Academic administration and faculty, and (ii) externally with the school’s Board of Directors, the Board’s CWSP Committee, CRB’s Young Professional Committee, existing and prospective CWSP partners, CRB donors, media and public relations representatives, Boys Hope Girls Hope staff, Cristo Rey Network (CRN) staff, and other CRN schools. The Director is primarily an outside business development position though in order to optimize outcomes, he/she will also interact regularly with aforementioned internal staff.
Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have considerable experience in institutional marketing, sales and relationships, a successful record of new business origination and client relationship management; exceptional interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills, and the ability to develop and implement strategic marketing/sales plans. A bachelor degree isrequired; an advanced degree is preferred. He or she will have a strong personal alignment with the Cristo Rey mission.Primary Responsibilities:
- Obtain new corporate and other institutional sponsors for the Corporate Work Study Program
- Achieve revenue goals as agreed to with President and approved by Board of Directors
- Develops annual and long-term CWSP sales plans; work with the President, board, staff and other constituents to proactively implement and achieve
- Identify, cultivate and ultimately sign contracts with new corporate sponsors
- Work with various CRB stakeholders (board committee and members, other staff, Young Professional Committee, existing sponsors, etc.) to identify and recruit new corporate partners
- Participate/lead CWSP committee meetings of the Board of Directors and implement directives of the Board as assigned by the President
- Manages CRM system and client/prospect database, including coordination with school’s fundraising donor database and maintenance of prospect activity
- Increase the awareness of CRB and the CWSP program among area business, industry and community leaders and associations, including working closely with the President and Advancement Office to develop and successfully execute the school’s CWSP marketing, communications and PR strategy in the context of school’s overall strategy
- Coordinate meetings with prospective sponsors and coordinate school and workplace visits
- Work closely with CWSP Operating staff to cultivate and grow relationships with existing sponsors
- Work closely with the Director of Advancement to leverage relationships with donors for cross-selling opportunities (and vice versa)
- Provides regular sales and related financial reporting
- Is a member of school’s Leadership Team and participates in related meetings and initiatives
- Performs other duties as required.
All interested and qualified applicants with a passion for Cristo Rey Brooklyn High School’s mission are invited to apply.
A complete application will include:
- Cover Letter: Please write a letter limited to two pages that answers the following questions:
- What past experiences in inner city education, youth development, fundraising, sales and/or marketing will help you in advancing the successful growth of CRB?
- What attracts you to the Cristo Rey mission? Why do you believe that you are a match for this unique opportunity to help lead Cristo Rey Brooklyn High School
- Describe your philosophy of education/development for at risk youth and how you would put it into practice in recruiting corporate partners and sponsors for Cristo Rey Brooklyn.
- References: Please list two professional and one personal reference with their email address and telephone numbers.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and school budget. Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance and retirement savings plan are provided. The Director is a 12 month position with up to a four week vacation schedule in year one depending on start date and five weeks per annum thereafter plus additional paid time off.
Please e-mail your completed application as an attached PDF to John Infortunio at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applying immediately is recommended to be given full consideration.