Job Title: Advancement Officer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Director of Advancement
Cristo Rey Brooklyn High School seeks an energetic professional (Officer) for its Advancement Department. Advancement develops and coordinates fundraising strategies and directs all fundraising efforts for CRB, generating a significant portion of the school’s operating revenue. The department also has school marketing and public relations/communication responsibilities.
This year-round position reports directly to the Director of Advancement and works closely with other Advancement staff, the school’s President and relevant staff, directors, donors, supporters, prospects and students/alumni to help develop and execute Cristo Rey Brooklyn’s annual and long-term fundraising and marketing/communications plans. The Officer is expected to be the school’s primary grant writer and will manage the department’s foundation calendar. He/she will also provide ongoing support for the Advancement Department across a variety of other disciplines and functions.
- Research and write grant proposals, including communication with foundation and other institutional donor representatives
- Manage foundation calendar, including the identification and screening of prospective major gift supporters (e.g. foundations, family offices, corporations)
- Manage and generate database and performance reports required for prospect research, grant proposals and reports, analysis, budgets/forecasts and strategic planning
- Assist with capital campaign management and organization including prospect tracking, strategy, solicitation proposals and content development, maintenance of timelines, pledge reminders and agreements
- Maintain DonorPerfect database including record/data management and gift entry/acknowledgement
- Assist with development and mailing for external communications: Annual Appeal Letter, Donor/Prospect Packets, Annual Report, etc.
- In concert with Advancement team assist with event preparation and logistics for the Annual Gala, Young Professional Committee fundraisers, Board Meetings, Friendraisers and other cultivation events
- Bachelor’s degree minimum
- 2-3 years relevant experience, including with institutional fundraising. Capital campaign and event planning experience a strong plus
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Sharp attention to detail; time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, proactively and on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong facility with Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with DonorPerfect, or equivalent client relationship management system
- Strong alignment with and commitment to the Cristo Rey mission.
- Ability to establish rapport and maintain harmonious working relationships with students, alumni, faculty, staff, administrators and board directors as well as external constituencies: individual donors, foundations, family offices, corporations.
All interested and qualified applicants with a passion for Cristo Rey Brooklyn High School’s mission are invited to apply.
A complete application will include:
- Cover Letter: Please write a letter of one to two pages that answers the following questions:
- What past experiences in inner city education, youth development, fundraising, sales and/or marketing will help you in advancing the successful growth of CRB?
- What attracts you to the Cristo Rey mission? Why do you believe that you are a match for this unique opportunity to help with the continued growth and success of Cristo Rey Brooklyn High School?
- References: Please list two professional and one personal reference with their email address and telephone numbers.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance and retirement savings plan are provided. The Director is a 12 month position with up to a three week vacation schedule in year one depending on start date and four weeks per annum thereafter plus additional paid time off.
Please e-mail your completed application as an attached PDF to John Infortunio at email@example.com. Applying immediately is recommended to be given full consideration.